So You've Closed Escrow... Now What
So you've closed escrow and are now proud homeowners. You're ready to move in, but it will take more than arranging furniture to finish the job. Here is a list of items to consider: Read more.
- Change the locks.
- Change the garage door opener.
- Put utilities in your name.
- Consider a service contract for heat and A/C.
- Watch the mail for a tax reassessment.
- Get rid of dirty dirt. In other words, clean before you move in.
- Keep little home improvements little.
- Keep escrow closing documents safe.
- Customize your plat map. Note location of circuit box, gas shut-off, etc.
- Get a forwarding address for the prior owners.
- Change the washing machine hoses (before your appliances are in place).
- Pay It Forward. If you received excellent service from your REALTOR®, pass his or her name along.